by Nathan Bailey
Contentment Club, a courtship focused chat and message base
club, with some a little list of relevant links, see also Meeky's Contentment
- Courtship and
Betrothal - A Synthesis by Eric Blievernicht
- Archetype or
Actuality? by Eric Blievernicht
Dating Dilemma Home Page provides a
number of resources including an article on Emotional
- Jonathan Lindvall, of Bold
Christian Living runs seminars on relationships
and the family, including betrothal. Read Comparisons
of Dating, Courtship, and Scriptural Betrothal for a brief
outline of the terms used by many of the articles on this page. The
following four articles constitue the basis of his new book, God's
Design for Youthful Romance:
- Joshua Harris has written an number of articles on courtship, as
published in New Attitude magazine, including:
- Brian Shilhavy has a bunch of links at courtship
and betrothal in his site on The American Family.
- Pastor Brian Watts of The
King's Centre has provided the notes on-line for his seminar on Dating
- Avoiding Courtship Horror
Stories by Douglas Wilson
Suitors by Douglas Wilson
Up, Little Suzy by Douglas Wilson, as published in
Credenda/Agenda. This is basically the introduction to his
book Her Hand in Marriage, see below.
- Courtship Link
- Courtship: A Love Story
by Jennie Ethell Chancey
- Delay Dating Until
20s by by Michael Farris
- Fairfax Covenant Church (Fairfax, VA) have some guidelines in an article entitled What is courtship and when am i ready for it?
- Another success story of courtship, Jennifer's Story
magazine published an article on The Dangers of
Dating in issue #24.
- The Balaam's
Ass Speaks journal has published three articles, Why
Not Dating?, Courtship
and marriage of your kids and The
Virtue Of Waiting. A new series is under development Finding
A Spouse God's Way by Mary VanNattan.
- Eric J. Blievernicht's Guide
to Christian Courtship, including The Modern
- Kimberly Hahn has a 4-tapes series on Dating and Courtship: A Catholic Perspective, #5244 (4 audio tapes).
- Michael Farris has a series of articles on courtship as broadcast on
Home School Heartbeat:
- The Chalcedon Report has a whole issue devoted to courtship,
May 1998, including the following articles:
- Preparing Sons and Daughters for Marriage by William Einwechter
- Leapfrogging "Courtship V1.0" by Walter Lindsay
- Are Recreational One-On-One Relationships Biblical? by Jim West
- An Account of My Covenant Courtship by Daja Lynne Abdelaziz
- Courtship, or Betrothal? by Ingrid Dahl
- When Happily Ever After Isn't by Susan Burns
- Daddy's Girl: Courtship and a Father's Rights by Sarah Faith Schlissel
- Patriarch magazine has published several articles on
'Courtship, Betrothal, Marriage & Babies', including:
- Adam Holz has an article in Discipleship Journal issue 115 entitled On the Home Front: Should Christians date?
- *AGAPE* Christian Singles have a Dating vs. Courtship forum.
- New Christian Take on the Old Dating Ritual
- Dr Johnny Pope's Christian Courtship mini-series
- Anthony and Kimberly Padgett's Courtship In The Covenant
- Jesse and Crystal Paine's Courtship Story
- Relationships and Dating in the Bible by Rev. Ron Jones, D.D.
Read on for What is courtship? or take a look at some of my other books
© Copyright 1997-2012, Nathan Bailey, All Rights Reserved. Permission is granted to print these articles for personal use, in whole or in part, provided the extract references the original URL, http://polynate.net/books/courtship/, so that people can find the latest version.
current thoughts -
tall tales -
tag cloud index -